Information for members on our Insurance Cover
Loan Protection Cover
Can you still make your loan repayments if you got sick or lost your job?
Help reduce the stress and give you and your family peace of mind if the unexpected happens with Loanminder loan protection insurance.
Loanminder covers you in the event of death, disability, trauma, redundancy and bankruptcy.
- Choose to have cover in the event of death only or a combination of any of the other covers listed above.
- Your premiums decrease as you pay off your loan, so you’ll only pay for insurance on the loan balance owing.
- Cover and premiums calculated on daily loan balance and paid monthly, so you will never over pay.
This is an optional insurance offered to any member borrowing from the NZ Firefighters Credit Union. Premiums are calculated on the amount and term of the loan and are underwritten by Provident Insurance Corporation that has a Financial Strength Rating of B (effective 12 July 2019)
Funeral Plan Cover
Have you thought how your family will cope when the time comes for them to arrange a funeral? Funeral Plan cover can help your family when they need it most.
Know that your family are taken care of and reduce stress by taking out funeral insurance. Funeral Plan cover provides your family with practical assistance with funeral costs and other bills. Guaranteed acceptance for anyone aged between 18 and 85.
- Quick payout of $5,000, $7,500 or $10,000 (depending on your type of cover).
- Funds can be used for funeral costs or to assist with other bills.
- Nominate the beneficiary of your choice.
- Insure up to 10 additional family members or friends on your policy.
- No medical information is required to take out cover.
The Funeral Plan Cover is underwritten by Pinnacle Life Insurance Limited who have a financial strength rating of B (Outlook Stable) via AM Best as at 31 January 2019.
Join Kiwisaver at NZFCU
New Zealand Firefighters Credit Union distributes the Fisher Funds KiwiSaver Scheme. KiwiSaver is an easy way to save for retirement or your first home.
Fisher Funds looks after the retirement savings of over 230,000 KiwiSaver members. Like us, Fisher Funds is focused on delivering fantastic service and educating its clients so they learn as they earn. There are a few things that make Fisher Funds different and a great home for your KiwiSaver savings:
- Experience and expertise – As a specialist investment manager, investing is all they do. They have one of New Zealand’s largest and most experienced investment teams with more than 200 years investing experience.
- Candid communication – You’ll always know where your money is invested and why. Fisher Funds keeps you in the loop in a number of ways including monthly e-newsletters including useful tips for managing your KiwiSaver account and personalised monthly KiwiSaver reports available online. They send six monthly transaction statements so you can track your balance and manage your account online.